Second Health Sector Development Project (SHSDP)
Project Goal / Objective
To upgrade the standards of performance of the public health system and enable it to better respond to the challenges of malnutrition and non communicable diseases.
Achievement of specific target for Project Development Objective Level Results Indicators (5 DLIs) which are linked with disbursement by the end of the year 2017 and achievement of non DLIs ( Disbursement Link Indicators)
Loan Agreement No.
Ministry of Public Administration, Provincial Council, Local Government and Domestic Governance
Ministry of Health and Indigenous Medicine
Provincial Ministry of Health, Northern Province
Provincial Department of Health Services, Northern Province
GOSL-Government of Sri Lanka.
US $ -200 Mn. (for Country)
Project Cost in SL Rs 1,247 Mn. (for Nothern Province)
5 years (27th of March 2013 to 30th of September 2018)
- Addressing malnutrition
- Improving prevention and control of Non Communicable Diseases
- Addressing Maternal and Child Health and Communicable Diseases
- Health systems improvement
- Technical assistance
- Core team for implementation monitoring
- Training, workshops
- Testing of innovative ideas
- Operational research
- Demographic and health surveys
- Base-line and end-line surveys
- DLI reporting
Expected Out put
- 50% of provincially managed health facilities with ETUs for that level of facility based on standard guidelines (DLI 2) by end of year 2017.
- 70% of provincially managed health facilities sending indoor morbidity data through e-IMMR (DLI4) by end of the year 2017.
- 95% of MCH clinics with an agreed package of equipment and supplies for provision of care for pregnant women and children under 5 year (DLI 5) by end of the year 2017.
- 90% of MOH areas with at least two healthy lifestyle centers (MOH Areas) (DLI 6) by end of the year 2017.
- 90% of fully-functioning quality management units (QMUs) in provinicially managed base hospitals and above (DLI8) by end of the year 2017.